Friday, October 7, 2011

Do I See a Bubba?

A friend of mine posted this link on my facebook wall. I have watched it dozens of times. It truly, genuinely makes my heart HAPPY:


Tank, the Mastiff featured, is smaller than Huan was (before he got sick), but the mannerisms and behavior are so strikingly similar! The garbage picking, the guilty eyes, the I-Know-I-Was-a-Bad-Boy walk of shame, even the tactic of "hiding"on the dog bed (riiiiiiiiiight)! I feel like I am seeing Huan every time I watch. I wonder if Tank has consumed articles of clothing and various writing utensils, too. Anyway, here's my boy looking a little culpable and contrite:
Bubba and his bed--after he ate most of it.
When I came home one day, I found him like this, with paper stuck to jowls. (His mouth looks open in this picture because he had a bone in it. Bubba always needed a bone in his mouth when we came home. You just can't see it because his mouth was that big.)

Busted, Bubba! (I really thought it would be worse.)
There are, of course, many other instances of similar infractions, but we don't have them captured on camera. Most of them just weren't "cute" in the moment, like the time we came home to black ink smeared ALL over our hardwood floors after Huan apparently ate some pens.

Yeah, I think there is definitely another Mastiff in my future. It's funny how cute paper-jowls and partially eaten dog beds can look. Even black hardwood floors don't seem so bad in retrospect. So thanks, Tank, for that perspective and for reminding me of the utter joy that is the Mastiff spirit. And, for what it's worth, I think that garbage lid looks great on your head.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! The lid was around his neck!! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video of Tank actually makes me want my own Bubba.

    Someday :)

    ReplyDelete