Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Race Day

Well, I didn't formally "race." My relay fell apart last minute, but I ran my leg, nonetheless.

It was a hard run. It was super hot outside, and I traversed quite a few hills. My hamstrings were sore from my workout two days prior, my heart ached from the loss of Huan two months prior, and I didn't make it through without tears. But I finished.7.5 miles, 1:14:11.
Pre-run



Post-run


Hubby made me chocolate chip buckwheat pancakes, my FAV, to celebrate!



I am certain there are more runs in my future, and I am confident I will get stronger, better, faster over time. And as much as I feel inclined to beat myself up over a modest 10 minute mile, especially since I have pulled off much better times in training, I have to remind myself that this run wasn't about pace or performance, or even about running, really. This run was about a girl and her dog.



And nothing about that can be measured or quantified.

2 comments:

  1. I love the window sign :) And the pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I too love the window sign! :)
    2) I aspire to one day look as good in spandex as you do.
    3) You are awesome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete