Monday, September 19, 2011

Dear Running:

As I was driving to work in the early hours of the morning, Lady Gaga's "You and I" came on the radio, and I thought of you.

The song, for one, is such a good running song. In fact, I put it on my iPod right before my failed 8, our last date together, the abrupt ending of which left me in tears. And, this morning, it happened to come on when the sun was rising, when you and I would have been on our mile 5-ish--if we were still together, of course.

Before I knew it, I was wiping a tear from my eye and simultaneously chuckling aloud and shaking my head in nostalgic amusement. And that's when I knew it for certain:

We're not over.

You haven't always treated me well.  I'd even say you've hurt me pretty badly. I got caught up in the "chase," pursued you too earnestly, and you dumped me. Hard.


I don't know that I'd give "anything again to be your baby doll," but I know there is still "something" between us, something "about" us, and I think it's worth investigating. I really do.


I'll be seeing you soon. Count on it. 


Love,
Danielle

1 comment: