Sunday, March 27, 2011

To Friends:

We said our goodbyes to Bubba last night.

If you will see me in person, especially at work, please refrain from any sort of consolatory gestures. I am so very grateful for the love and support, but I don’t think could handle hugs or even words of comfort offered in public. I will crack. It is still too raw and too painful. I am only publishing news now because I can’t bear to answer questions from multiple people about how Huan is doing. I can tell you all that he is at peace. I asked him to tell me when it was time, and he did. It was much, much too soon. But it was his time.

And to my sweet, sweet Bubba:

"Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight, sweet Prince. 
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

I will love you forever, Huan. From the depths of my soul, thank you for blessing my life with yours.



2 comments:

  1. Tears running down my face because I know just how hard it is. I'm so very sorry, D. I had to take the day off work when I put Boo down. I won't lie, tomorrow when you come home from work may be difficult because of the sheer absence. But it does get better, I promise. Go read my other comment I posted before if you need a reminder that Huan will be there in your life even after. My heart goes out to you, David, and Grace. And remember you did all you could and he knows how much you all loved him. He knows. -KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Danielle. I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete